31 Dec Start This Year With Sorting Your Bedroom
Clean Room Clean Mind
The start of a new year can be interesting and daunting at the same time. Most people are glad that they are starting a new chapter, leaving everything from the past year behind. At the same time, however, you may have quite a number of things to do at the start of a new year. One of which is organising your bedroom.
Are you looking to kick-start your life? Starting a new year with a tidy bedroom is a great way to encourage positive energy. Here are some of the benefits of tidying up your bedroom:
What Are The Benefits Of Sorting Your Bedroom?
Making bedroom improvements is a great way to start the year. There are a number of reasons why you will want to clean and organise your bedroom. The main benefits are:
1. It’s A Powerful Way To Start Your Year
There is something special about making sure your bedroom looks good as you start another year. Once you are done with the cleaning, decluttering, and organising. You will feel like you are able to do anything you set your mind to.
You will feel a weight being lifted off of your shoulders. Starting the year off in a positive way will give you a big boost of positive energy to take into the new year.
2. Bedroom Decoration Ideas
Once your room is tidy, you will be able to have a better idea of how to redecorate it. If that’s what you want to do. You may find that after you finish tidying your room looks completely redecorated already.
2. Increase Productivity
There is nothing as motivating as waking up every morning knowing that your room is well-organised. You don’t have to worry about where anything is. You won’t need to waste your precious morning hours looking for an important item that you misplaced the previous night.
3. Better Self-esteem
Starting a new year with high self-esteem is a good thing especially when you have important goals for the year. Organising your bedroom is a great first task to start the year off with. It is simple, easy and will make you feel good about yourself once it’s done. You will gain the confidence to take on bigger challenges as the year progresses.
4. Improved Quality Of Sleep
A good night’s sleep can be beneficial in so many ways. You may not realise this until you have a well-organised room. A tidy and comfortable bedroom can give you peace of mind and ensure you sleep through the night.
5. Improved Creativity
When you are in a clutter-free space and your mind is free of stress, this is when your creative juices start flowing. A tidy space creates a creative environment that allows you to fully focus when making new plans or doing your favourite hobbies.
Tips To Clean And Organise Your Bedroom This New Year
There are so many things you can do to ensure that your bedroom looks tidy as you start a new year. The main ideas to focus on include:
- Get rid of underbed storage
- If it must not live in the bedroom, move it
- Get rid of the items in your bedroom that are not calming and restful such as your computer monitor, exercise equipment, and your to-do list.
- Reduce the number of books on your nightstand (this keeps your mind from jumping between multiple things.)
- Get some storage ottomans (they offer a beautiful and practical way to stash away your bedroom extras.)
- Minimise laundry space with a hanging laundry hamper that can fit discreetly over the back of your bedroom door.
- Maximise wall space with high-up bookshelves and wall cubbies.
- Pick the right nightstand that has enough storage space so that you won’t let clutter pile up next to your bed.
- Take advantage of your headboard storage space by including shelving for your items such as books, photos, lamps, and others.
- Customise your shoe storage to make the best use of the available space.
- Arrange items in your closet by colour (it makes it easier to pick what you want to wear.)
- Ensure that your jewellery is organised.
Cleaning and organising your bedroom at the start of a new year is the best way to have a fresh start. With new objectives to make you grow in all aspects of your life. There are a number of things you can do to keep your bedroom space looking decluttered. Just be sure to keep it that way until the year ends.
We hope that you enjoyed reading our blog. Hopefully, it gave you some inspiration on how to make your bedroom luxurious. If you would like more information get in touch with us today by filling out our enquiry form. Or please feel free to call us on 024 7665 1900.